The Most Stringent Safety Standards
When it comes to your health and safety, we don’t take chances. The My Midland Dentist mission is to:
- Protect ourselves and our patients by adhering to strict infection control standards as advised by the Australian Dental Association.
- Utilise single-use instruments whenever possible.
- Disinfect and autoclave (sterilise) all dental instruments, tracking critical ones. This process destroys all microorganisms by applying extreme temperatures and pressure.
- Follow an in-house validation protocol on the autoclaves done by our maintenance technicians to ensure reliability.
- Follow regulations of Hand Hygiene Australia in the use of hand washing and hand rub procedures.
- Use personal protective equipment including masks, gloves, gowns and protective glasses.
- Provide radiation gowns when requested.
- Conduct regular service maintenance reviews for all equipment.
- Be compliant with national guidelines for equipment testing.
- Record all cleaning tasks on a register for accountability.
- Conduct regular safety and quality risk assessments.
- Take continued professional development to keep abreast of new products, techniques and technologies.
- Audit our policies and procedures regularly with peer-reviewed scientific evidence and re-entering of any guideline changes.
- Review feedback from our patients at periodic intervals.